Bucking Bronco - Sisters Rodeo



One big mistake I made while taking photos at the rodeo was that I used a relatively tight aperture of f9.0. I should have really opened it up, not only would it have allowed me to use a higher shutter speed but also I would have knocked down on the depth of field. Shooting from my position I had to deal with a lot of background distractions in my images, distractions I could have avoided by using f5.6 or wider. In this image, I created a selection around the crowd area in the background and applied a lens blur filter to help create more focus on the bronco rider. I also bumped up the color saturation as well. For some reason a lot of my images coming right out of the camera are looking 'washed out'. I'll have to check my camera settings and see whats up with that.

No comments: