12 Things To Do Before I Die

My birthday has made me think about what I would like to do with my life before its too late. Here are a few thoughts.

1) Go Skydiving. At least once. Its something I've always wanted to try and wondered what the experience was like. I imagine its piss-pants terrifying but I'd still like to try it.

2) Climb Mt. Hood. My brother has done this, I wish I went with him. This is something I need to do. And train for.

3) Visit the Great Wall of China. Basically, I'd just like to visit China anyways and this seems like it would be a great destination on that trip.

4) Have at least one line of spoken dialogue in a major motion picture. I've done the background extra thing many times for movies and television, but I've always wanted to have just one opportunity to do this. However, I have had close-ups a couple of times! In all honesty, it would be fantastic to start a second career as an actor. I would be happy just earning what I make now, and working in film.

5) Have my photos in a gallery showing. Nothing fancy, just a small gallery or even a cafe. It would be nice to be able to show off my better images.

6) Ride in a Fighter Jet. Of all the items listed here, this is the most improbable. But its just so freaking awesome. Even if I would in all likelihood, throw up or pass out during the trip. Any fighter pilots out there want to trade some photographic services for a ride?

7) Watch my son grow up, be successful and start his own family. Which leads to #8.

8) Grow old with Cassandra. Enjoy grandkids someday with her. Be healthy.

9) Own a 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 in Detonator Yellow. OR a Subaru WRX Impreza STi.

10) Visit Europe. See all the countries. See all the major landmarks. Enjoy a meal at a nice cafe near the Eiffel Tower.

11) Visit Machu Picchu. Unfortunately the huge amount of tourism may actually be contributing to the deterioration of this place, so I have some mixed feelings about it.

12) Have a newly discovered astronomical body named after me. Why not? There are as many stars in the sky as there are grains of sand on a beach. Surely one of them could share my name! Any astronomers out there who can help with this?

No comments: